Thursday, February 15, 2007

Confessions of a Video Vixen -by Karrine Steffans


Where young girls once aspired to be models and ballerinas, they now aspire to be hip-hop video girls. I sat down to write this book because I think my story can serve as a warning to anyone aspiring to the kind of life I have led.

Like so many young girls, I grew up wanting to be famous. I used to watch television and dream about the Beverly Hills lifestyle seen in all my favorite film. I reached most of my goals, but I didn’t do it in a conventional way. I did it using the oldest trick in the book. Sex.

I was known as ‘Superhead,’ the insatiable lover of many Hollywood stars, sports figures, and some of music’s most influential performers and executives.

My hips have swayed and popped on MTV while I danced on tabletops and poolside in some of your favorite videos.

The top reason a woman finds herself in a rap video, sprawled undressed over a luxury car while a rapper is saying lewd things about her, is a lack of self-esteem. No one who values, loves, or knows herself would allow herself to be placed in such a degrading position.”

—Sampled from the Introduction

Sounds like an interesting read, I saw her interviewed on Oprah yesterday.

ISBN: 0060842423
Format: Hardcover, 205pp
Pub. Date: June 2005
Publisher: HarperCollins Publisher

No comments:

Post a Comment